Wikis

     Throughout my development of Web 2.0 tools, I have only used one Wiki and that is Wikipedia. When creating my own Wiki, I had a tough time finding a wiki space to create an account. I went through some of my classmates forum posts to find a source that was updated. With that being said, I am unsure about the use of wikis in my classroom as it felt like a dated Web 2.0 tool. Now that I have set up a wiki for my students to engage on, I think I could make it work for particular assignments. 

    One assignment I would use a wiki would be our Cardiovascular Disease project. Students become the expert of one cardiovascular disease and create any type of project. As the students research, I could have them use a wiki to gather information and post so the information is all in one spot. This would be a great to provide information to all students without having to individual presentations. During this process, I would definitely have to moderate the information and make sure students are posting correct information. I would have rules of engagement for the students to follow and discipline accordingly if those rules are violated. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Literacies and Big Shifts

More Cool Tools

Social Bookmarking