More Cool Tools

 Throughout my time researching Web 2.0 tools, I realized that there are so many tools out there! I really enjoy social media platforms and how my students could easily use these sites on their laptops or phones. Specifically, I enjoy using Twitter as a backchanneling platform. My students will say that Twitter is not "cool" or for "older people" but I believe Twitter can be a very useful tool. 

In my class, I would love to have students share their physical activities outside of school. Twitter is simply way to share your thoughts. My students would have to be creative with their words since there is a 140 character limit. They can also share photos of their activities. One challenge would be discouraing my students from tweeting every thought that they have. I also believe that Twitter can be a very negative place so it is important to follow individuals who will create a positive home feed. 

Social media is a great way to engage students in content and teach them how to be a digital citizen. As a result, this would achieve ISTE Standard 2. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Literacies and Big Shifts

Social Bookmarking