RSS

My experience with RSS before this module was just very limited. I had never used RSS feeds to gather information from different resources. I used the Google RSS feed to create my own RSS feed for personal use. I really like that I can find my favorite blog articles on one page. This is much easier than visiting every website individually to find an article. I can also use the filter to find exactly what I am looking for. 

For my blog, I did have some trouble figuring out how to add RSS to my blog or what to add. For the time being, I added NPR's Health website for the RSS on my blog. I like the use of RSS in the classroom. I believe that it would be helpful throughout different Health units. I could update my RSS so my students could visit my blog and stay up to date on different news feeds. For example, I could find different websites during a drugs and alcohol unit. My students could use the RSS feed to find different articles to read in the beginning of class while we wait for everyone to arrive. This type of activity would allow students to develop under ISTE Standard 2 and 7.

I look forward to using RSS for both personal and professional ways. It was definitely a new Web 2.0 tool that I had never used before!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Literacies and Big Shifts

More Cool Tools

Social Bookmarking